La rose des vents
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon : la prochaine extension ...
Voir le deal

[DnD4/WoD] (English)DM searching for players in Grenoble :)

5 participants

[DnD4/WoD] (English)DM searching for players in Grenoble :) Empty [DnD4/WoD] (English)DM searching for players in Grenoble :)

Message  Cudi Lun 22 Nov - 16:26

Salut, je m’appelle Allan et je suis Game master depuis plus de dix ans. Je suis a Grenoble pour un an pour etudier et j’aimerai trouver des joueurs pour monter un groupe de jeu (en ANGLAIS).
Ici je cherche a expliquer comment va etre mon groupe et ce que je peux proposer.
Je ne suis pas sur quand je commencerais et de combien de joueurs on a besoin, mais si vous etes interesses, contactez moi! Smile

Game
It will be DnD(4ed) or World of Darkness (New): we will discuss this and decide it together Smile

Setting
If we will play DnD it will be the Forgotten Realms. If we play the WoD we will decide together, I like both modern and middle-ages/fantasy setting: for instance one of the nicest WoD one-shots I hosted was a story set in medieval Thailand during a clash between Hindu traditionalist khmer/thai vampires and the Buddhist ones (yeah sound weird but it was fun Smiley ). I have set campaigns in ancient Egypt, ancient Rome, medieval Europe, Fantasy lands (especially DnD´s Faerun), baroque Venice, contemporary Siberia, London, USA Rocky Mountains etc....

Setting is very important and it would be nice if we could choose one that everyone finds somehow interesting: obviously "difficult" settings will mean that I´ll need a little more time to prepare.

Rules
Role-playing is more important than rules, I agree, but rules too are important since a sturdy rule system will allow both players and Master to role-play smoothly.
For this reason we will review/teach the rules together before we start the Campaign and before every game session we will discuss and/or clarify some specific rules.
So if you do not know 4edDnD or WoD rules but you´re willing to learn we´ll manage Smile

Role playing and Atmosphere
I really give a lot of importance to acting and atmosphere and I would like players who really enjoy being in their character. Although interruptions and jokes are normal (and sometimes a good thing), I think a nice game session is that one where players are almost uninterruptedly role-playing their part.
This is 50% my job, since if the story is boring you´ll start being distracted, and 50% your job, since you´ll have to focus on your character ´s role-play.
To help us in the task of creating an involving and powerful gaming environment I used music. I started some years ago with just few tracks: now I have hundreds of tracks I use depending on the setting and the situation: it really helps Smile

Characters and Stories
Playing characters are at the very foundation of my stories. I never think about a story without knowing something about your character choice: the Campaign is always tightly connected to the characters personal stories.
For this reason, and to help players to fit in their roles, I always meet all the players before the Campaign starts to play their backgrounds (generally a couple of hours each are enough).
We play the main events of the character life before he meets the rest of the group: often you will have to keep your background details for yourself since sometimes you will know things the other players should not know Smiley

I do not like predefined stories so I create a flexible structure of the story with few details: this means that I will improvise a lot and that your choices will really modify the story: you are creating your own story!

I seldom keep more than 4 players in my groups since I believe that higher numbers of players do not allow focusing enough on each character´s story and role-play.
I have already some people interested so I do not know how many available places I will have… if you are interested contact me at once Smile

Language
I do not speak French very well, that’s why I decided to run the campaign in English: English is not my native language, but I have good proficiency and I am comfortable playing with it.
To join my campaign you need to speak English, if your accent is not good it is not important, but obviously you need to understand and to be able to communicate.

When?/Frequency?
We will be starting very soon, player preparations and backgrounds could even start next week…
The Story will last several months and I will like to play at least twice a week.
Where in Grenoble?
I have a place where to play, but we could change if you have good suggestions.

I am really looking forward to finding nice players and to playing an unforgettable story with you Smile

I you have any questions please just ask!
Merci!!!
Allan
Cudi
Cudi
Paysan/Paysanne
Paysan/Paysanne

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

[DnD4/WoD] (English)DM searching for players in Grenoble :) Empty Re: [DnD4/WoD] (English)DM searching for players in Grenoble :)

Message  millenia Lun 22 Nov - 17:59

Very fun idea, I hope you'll find players !!

Good luck !
millenia
millenia
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

[DnD4/WoD] (English)DM searching for players in Grenoble :) Empty Re: [DnD4/WoD] (English)DM searching for players in Grenoble :)

Message  Cudi Lun 22 Nov - 18:15

Thank you very much Millenia! Smile
Cudi
Cudi
Paysan/Paysanne
Paysan/Paysanne

Message  lonelyknight Lun 6 Déc - 22:09

Hi Allan,

You're having less answers than I had expected... I'm available unregularly for roleplay games (week-ends mostly) so I don't think I'm the dream candidate for your campaign (as you aim a frequency of twice a week that I would have loved had I had an appropriate schedule), but if you have really few players, then I think you might be happy with me Wink I also have a non-French speaking girlfriend being in Grenoble unregularly as well, who doesn't know roleplay at all so I might ask her to join for a test someday if you agree.

Anyway, good luck in finding players!

lonelyknight
lonelyknight
lonelyknight
Paysan/Paysanne
Paysan/Paysanne

Message  gribouille Mar 7 Déc - 5:54

yes!

english speaking and roleplay, i'm up for it. just tell me where and when! this is something i've been dreaming about for a looong time!
gribouille
gribouille
Paysan/Paysanne
Paysan/Paysanne

Message  dranar Mar 7 Déc - 7:04

It will be great for me to join you but I can't playing twice a week and every week with my job. I'm sure that playing in english will improve it and your campaign will be great. I wish you to find enough players and to have fun.

If sometimes you propose any oneshots, it will be a pleasure to play with you.
dranar
dranar
Baron/Baronne
Baron/Baronne

Message  Cudi Ven 10 Déc - 0:01

Hello folks, thank you so much for you interest!
To start with, I have to clarify I mistake of mine... it's not twice a week, it is a month!!! Sorry... ehem that would be too much for me too lol!
Actually I do have some people interested, but in the mean time I have just organized some one-shots: I will be starting campaigns on January.
I will pm all of you with my e-mail in order to comunicate, meet and maybe play a one-shot or more.
Do not worry about bringing beginners: I like very much players who are new and have not ben "tainted" but odd visions of rpg, and who play spontaneously (which is often the key for a healty character and ultimatly a good, well motived group).
I am looking forward to sharing interesting stories with you,
Cheers!
Allan
Cudi
Cudi
Paysan/Paysanne
Paysan/Paysanne

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé